Mazda Service Bulletin ROUGH IDLE, LACK OF POWER, AND/OR MIL ON WITH DTC P2177/P2187 (FUEL SYSTEM LEAN)
Due to low fuel pressure at the high-pressure fuel pump, some vehicles may experience the following:
• Rough idle, stall, and/or hesitation under cold conditions.
• Intermittent lack of power during acceleration when the engine gets hot.
• MIL turns on with DTC P2177/P2187 (fuel system too lean at off idle).
This is caused by a delayed fuel pressure build-up from the high pressure fuel pump. There are two main reasons for this:
1. The drive current from the PCM is not enough for some fuel pumps.
2. Some fuel pumps have slower response.
To fix the problem, the PCM software and the specification of the high-pressure fuel pump have been changed. Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
Website: www.accessecu.com | Filesize: 101kb
No of Page(s): 6
1. Reboot the IDS to clear memory before reprogramming.
2. Using IDS 51.9 or later software, reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration (refer to “Calibration Information” table) by following the “Module Reprogramming” procedure.
• Always update the IDS tool first, then follow on-screen instructions to download the needed calibration file for PCM reprogramming.
• It is not necessary to remove any fuses or relays during PCM reprogramming when the IDS screen prompts you to do so. You may accidentally stop power to one of the PCM terminals and cause the PCM to be blanked, or you may receive error messages during the IDS reprogramming procedure.
Get the file Download here
Honda Service Bulletin, 2002 Civic 3-Door and CR-V MIL Comes On With DTC P03412001 Toyota RAV42003 Honda Civic EX